With a fleet as diverse and large as we have, our maintenance shops are often referred to as the heart of the company. Without well-maintained trucks and equipment, safety and job timelines can be compromised. To do that, we've gathered the skilled people for the multitude of trades needed to do the job right. Day has developed a regimented maintenance program, complete with maintenance and repair policies.
Every truck, trailer and piece of equipment undergoes its prescribed inspection and maintenance work. Our drivers and operators are trained to inspect their vehicles for issues that need attention.We are proud of the fact that many of our career maintenance team began their apprenticeships to earn tickets right in our own shop. When you invest in people, you are rewarded with quality, talented employees who take pride in their contribution to the company.
We're committed to the trades sector and to growing a team of professionals.
- Director of Maintenance awarded "Canadian Fleet Maintenance Manager of the Year 2010" (sponsored by Volvo Trucks Canada at the Canadian Fleet Maintenance Seminar )
- Support and participate with Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities with the apprenticeship training in 5 different trades.
- Member in good standing with the Transportation Maintenance and Technology Association
- Received the 2010 Stellar Award from Sudbury /Manitoulin Workforce Partnership Board for our support of Sudbury Schools and Students.
- Day Group supports both Sudbury school boards in the Co-operative education programs.
We're on the Road
Expertise counts. So does having the parts, tools and people where and when they are needed. If equipment is down, the job can't get done. Day's Mobile Maintenance program features a skilled team with 9 trucks - equipped with everything needed to quickly change tires or repair almost any type of breakdown. Our mobile teams are stationed local to our projects – whether in the Sudbury, Levack or Timmins regions. They're equipped by Day's Parts Department who are also tasked with the huge responsibility of ensuring all parts are available when they're needed to minimize down time. For that reason, we partner with the most reliable suppliers.