Reporting Location: Sudbury and Area
Snow Plow Operator - DZ License (3 vacancies)
Permanent, full time position
Shift Work / Weekends Required
* Criminal Record Check will be required*
*Driver's Abstract required with Resume*
Reports To: Dispatcher
Skill requirements: Class 3 or D driver's license, Air Brake (Z) Endorsement. Experience requirements range from 1 to 2 years with knowledge of Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and Repair Reports, Accident or Incident reports Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
The position may involve shift work on a 24/7 basis. Training is provided and advancement opportunities exist at all locations.
Drivers will be asked to provide a driving abstract and should be prepared to undergo a criminal record check.
Day Group offers a competitive wage package, along with excellent health benefits and pension opportunities.
Our commitment to employees extends to include other employment benefits, including our Employee Assistance Program, our active Employee Social Club, discounted gym memberships and insurance because of our partnerships in the communities we live and work in.
We offer steady employment and a safe work environment.
Job Duties may include:
- Perform pre-trip and trip inspections on equipment operated and load, ensuring safety and roadworthiness.
- Comply with applicable legislation including safe operation, carriage of goods, driver's hours of service, occupational health and safety, transportation of dangerous goods and weights and dimensions.
- Check vehicles before driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Operate equipment such as CB radios, and telephones to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable federal and provincial regulations.
- Record and maintain required documentation including driver logbook, etc. by manual or electronic means
- Communicate effectively with the public, customers, and co-workers both verbally and in written form
- Provide feedback to supervision regarding mechanical problems, or delivery problems
- Maintain trucks overall service and perform required inspections
- Complete all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift. May include, but not limited to, daily logs, inspection logs, vehicle inspection, hours of service, etc.
- Driver Certification
- DZ license
- Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to perform routine vehicle maintenance
- Demonstrated organizational skills with strong oral and written communication abilities
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Confident, consistent decisive personality
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed
- Overtime as required
- Weekend and shift work required
Qualified Candidates should submit applications online here or to:
2500 Elm St.
Copper Cliff ON P0M 1N0